Winston County Technical Center Values and Benefits of Students in Winston County Board of Education
Students are strongly encouraged to lead by personally reinforcing the values embodied in The Winston County Technical Center. The WCTC embodies students to promote an environment of mutual trust and respect. We believe that students should uphold the principles of truth, honor, and integrity in all of their intellectual, athletic, and social pursuits. This belief is based on the notion that every student is a responsible individual with an inherent desire to be an honorable person. This responsibility includes a student's duty to oneself and others to sustain a system of moral values, even in the face of adversity, surely a sign of true leadership.
- Career and technical education engages students in the classroom and helps them to understand and apply academics, which is essential to graduating students who are effective in the workplace and keeping the U.S. economically competitive.
- CTE offers 14.4 million students a wide range of careers in entrepreneurship, automotive, medical, food and fiber producation, agribusiness, culinary arts, management and life skills, marketing, electrical and business technology, and welding.
- CTE students are significantly more likely than their non-CTE counterparts to report that they developed work-related, problem solving, project completion, research, math, college application, communication, time management, and critical thinking skills during high school.
- CTE is impactful on reducing the dropout rate and helping students continue on to postsecondary institutions or training.
- CTE students are significantly more likely to report that they developed excellent problem-solving, research, math, communication, and time management skills in high school (than their non-CTE counterparts).