Winston County High School opened its doors in temporary headquarters in September of 1908. Although not yet completed, supplied with furniture, library, or laboratories, the facilities included a large auditorium where classes were held until after Christmas. The new building of native sandstone was completed the following spring at a cost of $9,500.
This school building burned in the fall of 1913 and school was completed in the fall of 1914, but when the schools consolidated, the building would not accommodate the students, so plans were made for a larger building which was erected in 1930 and in 1935 additions were made. In 1939, WCHS was altered again and new construction was added to house both elementary and high school. This building was located in downtown Double Springs and used until January 30, 1971, when it was consumed by fire. Classes were held in mobile homes until construction began in 1972 and in 1973, a new facility was completed and the students had a separate school for elementary. This present 90 acre school is located on County Road 24.